As part of our GCSE Spanish provision, we would like to offering any year 9 and 10 students a great opportunity to be part of a school exchange programme with a Spanish school based in Palomares del Río near Seville
This exchange will first consist of a trip to Spain from Monday 26th February to Monday 5th March 2018, where our students will be staying with host families. The Spanish students will then be coming to stay with exchange families from Monday 14th to Monday 21st May 2018.
We have chosen an exchange, as opposed to a hotel trip, as we are fully convinced that living in a Spanish household will totally immerse your child in the Andalusian culture and language; it is a great way to make new friends for life.
We will be having an initial information evening Wednesday 8th November from 5pm to 6pm to provide more information, to answer your questions and to respond to any concern you might have linked to finance, hosting or safety.
In the meantime, please find below the provisional details for the trip. These may be subject to change but offer an outline for you to consider:
- Trip Dates: Monday 26th February to Monday 5th March 2018 for 27 students maximum
- Transport: PSCA minibuses to Exeter and back; flight with Flybe to Málaga and back; coach to Palomares and back. (+ coaches organised by the Spanish school for day trips)
- Accommodation: in host families (communication with the host family prior to the exchange)
- Examples of activities: a visit of the Alcazar in Seville (http://www.alcazarsevilla.org/english-version/), a day trip in a national park, a day in the school including a paella, a fancy dress dinner in the school, a tour of Seville by bike,…
- Estimated Cost: up to £350 including: transport, insurance and the cost of activities students will be doing here in May. (the cost might be brought down).
- Deposit: a deposit of about £45 will be needed at an early stage to book the plane tickets.
- Passport: a valid passport will be needed as well as a EHIC card (European Insurance Card – free of charge)