80 million chocolate Easter eggs are sold each year. This accounts for 10% of Britain’s annual spending on chocolate!
Let’s all learn…
To bake an Easter recipe. Share your efforts with your teachers by email.
Make a video of you counting to 10 in Polish and share by email with your class teacher!
Well done to everyone who has been following the PE sessions with Joe Wicks. We have heard many stories of families doing this together and how they are feeling the benefit, as well as the aches! Keep going and do share your successes with us, we’d love to hear how you are getting on.
1. The BBC’s Bitesize website– The BBC’S Bitesize website covers all areas of the curriculum, with animations, interactives and quizzes.
2. CBeebies (for younger children) and CBBC (for older children) – CBeebies and CBBC give access to the whole range of the BBC’s media content, including great educational programmes plus games, quizzes, and the BBC Newsround website (great for reading and keeping up-to-date).
3. Oxford Owl – Oxford Owl has resources to help with English and maths, but is particularly good for the 250 free ebooks available.
4. Cool Math 4 Kids – Cool Math 4 Kids is great for practising number facts and calculation skills through games.
5. National Geographic Kids – National Geographic Kids has a wealth of resources related to the foundation subjects, particularly science, history and geography. It has some stunning images and interactive games.
6. BBC History for kids – The BBC History for kids website has now been archived, but still contains fantastic resources covering the primary history curriculum, using games and quizzes to engage children.
7. Nasa Kids’ Club – Nasa Kids’ Club is, as the names suggests, very specifically focused on space. But it’s a very engaging website for finding out more about this fascinating topic.
8. Scratch – With Scratch, you can program your own interactive stories, games, and animations — and share your creations with others in the online community.
9. Tate Kids – Tate Kids is a great place to learn about famous artists and be inspired by them to make your own masterpieces.