It’s a pleasure to welcome you and your child to our school. Our purpose is the transformation of students’ lives, enabling them to be their best self, achieving academically through a creative, purposeful education.
Our specialism is the creative arts and these will be used to develop excellence in a broad and balanced curriculum, helping students achieve a foundation for later life.
The strength of partnership that we’re continuing to build with parents means we are – quite literally – making a school with you. We understand you are the experts in your child’s life, and we will make the time and space to listen to you about your child and their learning as they journey through our school.
We already have a great deal to be proud of in terms of student outcomes and we hold ambitious plans for the future. Our amazing staff team and a purpose-built space are only a small part of what makes the school special. Our purpose is ‘Creating Individuals, Making Futures’ and as such, everything we do is designed and intended to meet your child’s needs and aspirations.
Welcome to the Plymouth School of Creative Arts, the school we’re making together.
Ethos and Values
Plymouth School of Creative Arts is a 3-16 mainstream, city centre, all-through school sponsored by Plymouth College of Art. We opened our primary phase in September 2013 and our secondary phase in September 2014.
Our vision for Plymouth School of Creative Arts grows out of an established art college ethos in response to the serious erosion of the arts and creativity in schools. Founded in 1856, Plymouth College of Art has a long history as an independent specialist in arts, craft, design and media education in Plymouth and the South West.
Our school is a place for making things – making ideas, making technology, making art – for discovering how knowledge, values and language, identity or experience is made. It is a place of performance in both senses: performance as doing; performance as achievement. A place of creative learning in all subjects.
· we believe in the centrality of creativity to individual and social value, identity, culture, community, welfare, and prosperity; Our School shares the core values of Plymouth College of Art:
· we uphold the primary significance of learning through making, practice and participation for individual development, transformation and fulfilment
· we see our School as a laboratory for innovation, and for new thinking, in the service of our wider communities;
· we value and invite purposeful, mutual partnership;
· we celebrate social and cultural diversity, and encourage engagement with the community and cross-cultural dimensions of learning in local, regional, national and international contexts;
· we respect our environment, and have a strong commitment to sustainable practice;
· we aspire to the highest standards of educational achievement.
Our goal is to secure academic excellence and our learners’ ambitions through structure with a purpose, and our purpose can be described in just four words – Creating Individuals, Making Futures.