Outside The Lines
Why get involved?
We want your child to develop their love of art. It’s never too early to start your creative journey. A four-year-old on Outside the Lines is just as important as a Masters student.
What can you expect?
We want to provide a quality experience for children who return each year to experience being an artist. This programme is for children aged 4 to 8 years old. This is not school and we want the ethos of these sessions to:
- Be fun, inspiring and challenging
- Respond organically to interests and skills
- Facilitate parents and children to work together
- Produce a take-home result at the end of each session
- Provide a different challenge to school, home or art/craft TV programmes
We do not wish to create a curriculum for Young Arts Club; we do not intend to confine or restrict activity but instead we want to ensure an equality of experience, year upon year, and a sense of progression to students, that is not influenced by individual variances in the way tutors approach teaching their subject.
What do you take away?
- Ability to experiment with drawing and print materials
- Confidence in making
- Basic skills in digital media
- Basic understanding of conceptual thinking
- Basic knowledge of art and artists
- Production of work for Summer Show
- Parents understand about progression options onto Short Courses and or higher education
What do sessions look like?
Outside the lines runs from 10 until 12 each Saturday. The first session begins on Saturday 19th September. There are spaces for just 11 children in a group. Children are aged between 4 and 8. There are 25 sessions over the year. Ten of these are in the autumn term from September; ten in the spring from January and five in the summer from April. Each session costs £10. Sessions can be booked a term at a time.
There are no spaces for friends who have not enrolled on the course.
Every child needs to attend with an adult who retains responsibility for the child or children they are attending with.
Adults can support up to a maximum of 3 children.
Adults cannot bring any additional children who are not enrolled on Outside the Lines whether they are younger or older.
What do I need to do next?
To book a place, for a minimum of a term, please download & complete the booking form and send payment to the school.
We are hoping to have this linked to ParentPay in the near future, but in the interim please pay by cheque (payable to Plymouth School of Creative Arts) , cash or BACS.
The school bank details are:
Account Name: Plymouth School of Creative Arts
Sort code: 20-68-10
Account no: 73251160